I have enjoyed serving as the mentor for a number of Senior Design teams, and have been involved in several industry-sponsored Senior Design projects. If your company or agency is interested in sponsoring a Senior Design project, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or our visit our College of Engineering Senior Design Program’s website at www.srdesign.uncc.edu. Below are the Senior Design teams/projects I’ve mentored.
Industry Sponsored Senior Design Projects
- “Mass Concrete Thermal Analysis,” sponsored by Shaw Power Group. Students: Nhat Nguyen, Brian Ketner, David Pegram. Fall 2010. Awarded Third Place at Fall 2010 UNC Charlotte Senior Design Expo.
[album id=10 template=extend]
- “Modular Precast Barrier Wall System,” sponsored by Substation Reliability Experts, Inc. (SRE). Students: Ben Bacon, Jorge Gallegos, Randy Reeves. Spring 2010.
[album id=13 template=extend]
- “Reinforced Concrete Mock-Ups for Non-Destructive Evaluation Techniques in Concrete,” sponsored by Electric Power Research Insitute (EPRI). Students: Ben Marion, David Ratliff, Graham Guse. Spring 2010.
[album id=11 template=extend]
Other Senior Design Projects
- “Green Roof Retrofit Design for EPIC Building.” Students: Charles Justin Carter, Yorke Sweat, James Teague. Spring 2012.
- “Determining the Service Level of Concrete Beams Repaired with FRP.” Co-mentored with Dr. Thomas Nicholas. Students: Tyler Teer, Devin Secore, Daniel Gates. Spring 2012.
[album id=12 template=extend]
- “Newton-Moore Correctional Facility.” Students: Mariano Cruz, Brian Rosenfeld, Jared Looney. Spring 2011.
- “Parking Deck at UNC Charlotte Campus.” Students: Darin Watson, Matthew Essman, Scott McCall. Spring 2011.
- “The Student Deck.” Students: Alex Papp, Chris Saunders, Nlandu Mabiki. Fall 2009.