- Won first place in HOST 2022 BEST Microelectronics Competition Awards – Supply Chain Security Track
HEADS Team was represented by Chaitanya Bhure, Geraldine Shirley Nichloas, and Fareena Saqib
- HEADS member Geraldine Shirley Nicholas is selected for HKN graduate student research spotlights October edition
- HEADS member Geraldine Shirley Nicholas is the recipient of BharatJoshi Scholarship for 2022 BharatJoshiFund.org – Bharat Joshi Scholarship Fund
- 3rd Best Poster on “Secure Communication for Intra-Vehicular CAN-FD Network”, at WISE Conference co-located with IEEE HOST, 2019.
- Personal invitation from Schloss Dagstuhl Germany, one of the world’s premier computer science research centers, for participation in Dagstuhl Seminar,”Secure Composition for Hardware Systems” held at Schloss Dagstuhl in Germany. July 2019. The Dagstuhl Seminars are participated by invitation only.
- One of our IOT-UNCC Lab team member (Mary Broyhill, an undergraduate student who also completed her senior design project under my supervision) received departmental Outstanding Senior Electrical Engineering Award (2019)
- Certificates of Appreciation awarded by IEEE DAC and IEEE ICCAD in several years.
- IOT-UNCC Space Lab team consisting of an undergraduate and 3 graduate students of my HEADS research group was a Finalist in the CSAW smart bulb hack challenge (2018).
- Two students were awarded Richard Newton for participating at Design Automation Conference 2017
- 2nd Position in IoT Hackathon Software Competition held at IEEE South-East Conference, Charlotte NC, 2017.
- Best Poster Award on the poster “Hardware Based Secure CAN (Controller Area Network) Bus Communication” at 2017 FICS Cybersecurity competition held at University of Florida, 2017.
- 2nd Position in demo “Supply Chain and IoT PUF based Authentication” in Hardware Demo Competition held at IEEE HOST, 2017
- President Florida Tech’s Top-Researcher/Rising-Star Award, 2017
- Finalist in CSI CyberSeed-Hardware Challenge “HELP-Hardware-Embedded Delay Physical Unclonable Function (PUF)” Design held at UCONN -Comcast Center of Excellence for Hardware Assurance, Security and Engineering,
- Fulbright Scholarship Award (2008)