Professional Society Positions
- President of the North American Manufacturing Research Institute (NAMRI) 2021-2022
- Chair of the Scientific Technical Committee for Surfaces (STC S) in the International Academy of Production Engineering (CIRP): Feb. 2020- Aug. 2022 (Vice-Chair 2017- 2019 and Secretary 2014-1026)
- Elected Fellow to the International Academy of Production Engineering (CIRP) 2019
- North American Manufacturing Research Institute (NAMRI) Board Member, 2018-
- Vice Chair of the collaborative working group on Micro Production Process Chains in the International Academy of Production Engineering (CIRP): Feb 2012 – Aug. 2014
Honors and Awards
- Graduate Student Teaching Award Nominee:Nominated by the department for the College of Engineering graduate student teaching award: academic years 2013/2014, 2014/2015.
- NSF CAREER Award: NSF/CMMI/MME 2008.
- SME Kuo K Wang Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award 2007: Award presented by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) in recognition of significant achievement and leadership in manufacturing engineering.
- Seamus Timoney Graduate Student Award, UCD, 2001: Award presented by the Department of Mechanical Engineering in recognition of outstanding graduate student research.